Friday, April 19, 2013

April Fools

Totally appropriate post title for this crazy beginning to spring, right?? Well, with more than a foot of new snow last week I thought it had to be the end, but nope, one more round has come our way with about 10in! I need warm weather and sunshine very very soon! Forecast for next week shows 50's though so I'm gonna keep going! Our neighbor stopped by on Wednesday to let us know she was on her way to Texas and to see if we wanted to have her snowblower in our garage for the storm, I of course thought it would just be a few inches that would melt right away, guess I was majorly wrong. In the words of Jeremiah "Who turns down access to a snowblower with snow coming in Minnesota?" Yep, me. So the snow came and it came and it came and I felt guilty for not taking the snowblower so after taking 45 minutes getting the boys and I ready to go shovel the driveway I did it and I felt well accomplished, for my one and only time of helping with snow removal for the year ;) I even found a little piece of grass trying to come out. I know he wants sun and warmth more than me.

Looks pretty good, right?



Last Saturday Jeremiah and I attended a hospice gala held at SMSU, Wells Fargo is a supporter so we had a table with some of his coworkers. It was a fun time. There was a silent auction as well as a live auction. The live auction was too much for our budget, but we were able to contribute to the silent auction and we came home with some great items. Jeremiah did a great job at playing the sheets as it was closing ;) I think my most favorite item we came home with was a gift basket of gardening items. I don't know if I've mentioned in previous posts, but I am beyond excited to finally have a garden this year of my very own. (I'm actually taking on nerd status at the excitement I'm having over it) But none the less this was perfect for me. Here's a photo of what it contained:



Sunday we made a crazy drive over to Brookings in yet another Minnesota snowstorm for a great craigslist item we found. It's a surprise, so be anxious to see photos. After picking up the item and killing some time in Walmart the weather looked like it was easing up so we made the drive down to Sioux Falls to do some shopping and of course a Target run! And we are so glad we did. It was a great day of shopping and great finds!

On Tuesday my dear grandma went to be with the Lord. I will miss her greatly and I know it will hit me even harder when we are not able to see her when we go to North Carolina in July. But I know she is in Heaven celebrating with Jesus and reunited with her husband and siblings so it's a much better place than here. Even though I grew up with her so far away I was able to have so many great memories of visits there and my summers spent with her. 



A couple of recipes I've made lately:
Cheesecake coffee cake
I used GF flour and it seemed to be too thick, so I opted to make muffins instead and they turned out great.



Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken

In the oven before adding cheese

Steak and Cheese stuffed green peppers
This recipes website did not work, so I improvised with my own from seeing the pictures
2 large green peppers
1/2 lb. roast beef (from the deli
1 small container sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion
Worstshire sauce (too taste)
8 slices Provolone or Pepper Jack cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Cook mushrooms and onions, add roast beef and sprinkle in a little worstshire sauce. I think I used about 1 Tbsp. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Place one slice of cheese in pepper, top with meat and veggies, top with another slice of cheese. Do all four and bake in the oven for around 20-30 minutes. Your preference on how soft or crunchy you want the pepper to be.






No comments:

Post a Comment