Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March madness!!

WOW!! I knew I hadn't blogged for a while, but I did not realize it has been over a month! I'm a bit ashamed at myself yet I feel I have very good "excuses" :)

I, of course, don't have the time I would like right now to catch up and fill in everything that has happened over the past month. So I'm going to do a recap, throw in some pictures and be set.

The beginning of March came with a last minute trip my mom and I had to make to go out to North Carolina to visit my Grandmother, who at the time was very ill. She (praise the Lord) is doing well again, but there are never regrets for going out there. Jeremiah did an amazing job juggling work and transporting the boys from sitter to sitter and being a single parent for almost a week. When it rains at times it seems to pour and it seemed everything that could happen to him while I was gone did, but again he did everything without complaint and I came home to a clean house, well behaved children, and a smiling husband.

We had managed to almost get through all of winter with out any of us really getting sick. Again, I say, almost. About three weeks ago I came down with strep and had been out of it ever since then last week the stomach flu moved through the house starting with me and ending with Jeremiah just yesterday. Finally feeling well enough to take care of our house, which looked like it had been taken over by a hoarding family, I can now say everything is clean, disinfected, and ready for Spring!! At least when this snow storm is over.

Of course, I also have had some great new recipes over this month, I will work on getting links and pics on the next post.

Our dryer randomly stopped working for a day so we got to take a field trip to the laundromat. 

Made a trip up to the cities to visit our dear friends the Zimmerman's and made a concert stop at NWC where I got to see the beautiful Quinn Bos!!!
Oakley and I had a date night and we went to his first 3D movie "the croods"
Dinner and a movie with Oakley
Dyed a few Easter eggs...........well maybe a few dozen!
While I was sick with the flu Oakley took on some new responsibilities, he can now make his own sandwiches. This is our new lunch spot and his sandwich station.




I made Red Velvet Cheesecake for Easter dessert. Jeremiah said it was the best thing he has ever eaten. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment