Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Good Day

Today has been a very good day!! First both boys are napping so I am taking a few quick moments to blog what I can and hopefully take some me time this afternoon :) 

So, I have succumbed to the addiction of Downton Abbey. After months and months of hearing how amazing it is I have drawn the line and officially got on the fan wagon. The first episode had me in tears then extreme shock finding out that Thomas was gay, however for some reason I am still drawn to keep watching and to get caught up on what everyone is talking about. My opinion so far: recommended 

Yesterday at the gym I was dreading getting through just my 3 miles, however President Obama was on every station so it made it easy to whip them out of the way so I didn't have to watch/hear/read any more of what he was saying. I don't think I have heard someone have more ridiculous speeches than that man. I do fear for our country and what the future holds. I am so thankful every day that my husband is able to have a stable job and that I am able to stay at home with our boys. It has been a very hard four years and the economy struggles have definitely hit us hard as well in many ways. I am grateful that when I do have to go out and look for part-time work that I have been able to find something that still allows me to be at home. But more importantly through all of this my trust remains in the Lord and that is what the bottom line is. There is no grey area there. 

This morning I sneaked a peak at Jeremiah's devotional that he is doing and it is one I have done before as well, but it really spoke to me yet again. 
      Help is Here
            Many people have received Jesus as Savior and Lord, They will go to heaven, but never draw on the full capacity of the Holy Spirit that is available to thme or experience the true success God wants them to enjoy on Earth. Simply put, many will be on their way to heaven, but they won't enjoy the trip. 
          We often look at those who have wealth, position, power and we consider them "successful" But many people who are considered successful still lack peace, joy, contentment, and other true blessings. Such people have never learned to depend completely on the power of the Holy Spirit. 
        God's work for you today: Your worst day with God will be better than your best day without Him. The Holy Spirit is here to speak to you and help you in every way you need help today.
    John 14:16  

That is just a little bit of it, but the big parts :) It is something that can be talked and talked and talked about but I think it is an interesting perspective of what Heaven will be like some day. It will be more amazing and breath taking than anything anyone could ever imagine, who wouldn't want to be a part of something like that. So lets not live just mediocore lives with Christ in our hearts, lets live great ones, ones he wants us to have!
   This is a plan called "hearing from God each morning" by Joyce Meyers and it is an app called youversion. 

In a couple of weeks we are going to be having a huge 90th birthday celebration for my Grandpa Goehring. Last night I needed to call my aunt and discuss some details about the photo album she is putting together. When I called though she was not home from work yet so I got the opportunity to talk to my Uncle, Merlin, my dads brother. I was telling Jeremiah this and I realized sadly that that conversation was probably the longest one I have had with him in my life. Not being a bad or sad thing it was just something I never realized before. Not that we dont get along or there is tension or anything it just has never been a situation at holidays or gatherings where I have ever been able to sit down and hold conversations with him. It kind of made my night. Jeremiah's family and mine are very different. Where his moms side of the family all talk alot and are all close, my dad's family is more laid back and my moms family are all in North Carolina or Virginia. So I came to realize though that even though in talking with my Uncle is that I felt completely safe (probably because he is just like my dad) but knowing that no matter what and no matter how often I see or talk to my family I know they will always, always be there for me and mine. That is an amazing feeling that I never really thought about before. 

Today as well was a MOPS day. This is a small moms group at a local church that gives us moms a time of fellowship and learning. It's also a time for brunch :) It is a time I have looked very forward to ever since I started 3 years ago in Eden Prarie and I was so happy when I found out they had one in Marshall. I do get excited again for....brunch! But I was a little sad today because I thought with going gluten-free now that I wouldn't be able to have anything but fruit and coffee. To my surprise though a sweet mom named Gina brought pumpkin bars, coffee cake, and an egg bake.....all gluten free. She had no idea we were gluten free now and it just made my day to know that someone had thought about that and God placed it on her heart to bring those. Very successful brunch :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment