Thursday, January 24, 2013

Time Flies

I cannot believe almost an entire week has come on gone since I've had a chance to sit down and type my thoughts and happenings. When did life get so busy for everyone? We are approaching the countdown to Callahan's 2nd birthday......2nd!!!! I can't believe it. Then I looked at Oakley today and he seems to have grown another inch. His shirts are shorter, either that or I've become very good at shrinking things in the wash this week too. The boys were exceptionally good this morning while I cleaned (I allowed them to play in the sink in the bathroom with soap and cups, it kept them busy for a good hour AND Oakley cleaned up his mess!!) so we ordered a special well deserved lunch.........GF pizza from Dominoes. And yes it was amazing. They are the only pizza place in Marshall to carry GF. So happy they do and so worth paying the price of a large for a small ;)

Last weekend we finally took a shopping trip to Sioux Falls. Call us crazy but this is what we drove there in :) Nothing was going to stop us from getting to a big city to help the economy out a little. 




Don't worry the driving wasn't as bad as it looks. We made it there and back safely.

The main reason we made the trek to Sioux Falls is because we FINALLY got to celebrate our Christmas with each other and Jeremiah said he needed to pick up a few "last minute" gifts. Ok, by me :) My little shopping buddy and I had a nice afternoon walking around the warm mall. 

Of course Jeremiah can never hold onto anything when he buys it for me, so we did our Christmas right away that night. It was perfect. 

The boys helped me make GF blueberry muffins this week. They turn out yummy! I also made these little bite size egg and bacon "cupcakes" for a quick and healthy breakfast alternative. I feel we are constantly only eating toast, cereal, bread, or oatmeal. And being GF, the bread adds up, so these are a little more filling and so so easy to make.

Bacon & Egg "Cupcakes"
12 pieces turkey bacon
12 eggs
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
4 oz cream cheese, softened

Preheat oven to 400. Wrap bacon in each pocket. Whip together eggs, cheese, and cream cheese. Fill each pocket about level with pan. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. DONE!

Planning for Callahan's little people birthday party are in full swing. Invites have been ordered. I think I'm going to have to get very creative on this one this year. But he LOVES those little people so I couldn't not do it, right? I love parties!!!

1 comment: